Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Very Happy Day!














































As i wrote in my last update, my Maw Maw was to undergo open heart surgery this morning in Houston, TX. It was a very difficult and tumultous night for me, tossing and turning, despite being in the comfortable G-Town home of the Ellis family. My stomach just had this raw, gnawing feeling that all to well reminds you of how far you really are from where you want to be. That being said, i just recieved an email update (my internet phone isn't working) from my Dad that Maw Maw's surgery was a success and they have taken her off the ventilator and will be moving her to ICU shortly. Thank you Jehovah. I have yet to hear the surgeons final report, but the head nurse said the surgery was a success. I know i should breathe a heavy sigh of relief, but being in another country when i want to be by her side, still makes it difficult. But i am so overjoyed that things went smoothly. What a blessing! All my love and prayers are with her and my family right now.

On a bittersweet note, Audrian left us early this morning to head back to Chicago. We stayed up practically all night talking, reminiscing, laughing... she will be sorely missed. Her presence was such an inspiration and encouragement. It's amazing to me how one day you don't know someone and the next, they enter your life and it is changed forever. She is truly a sister, a partner in crime, and i can't wait for our next adventure together. (preferably with less "animales") You can see pics of my last 2 weeks with Audrian at: http://www.simonecbreaux.shutterfly.com/

Anyway. Meg and i are headed to Oasis Cafe, our little bit of paradise here, for a "last meal" before returning to our campground. I mean, house. :)

Hugs to you all!
Monie

No comments: